Thursday, October 2, 2014

Running for Charity - Fundraising Projects for Ronald McDonald House Charities



When I signed up for the runDisney Glass Slipper Challenge I chose to register through a charity. I did this because running has given me so much, and I wanted to give back in some way. (To be honest, I also wanted to avoid the stress that is runDisney registration day lol) 


I knew that reaching my fundraising goal would be a challenge, but I don't think I was ready for just how difficult it could be. 
These days everyone seems to be doing something for charity. This is AWESOME. It also creates some bumps in the road since everyone is asking for money and most people I know can't possibly donate to every one they know who's doing a fundraiser. I understand this and know that I need to get creative if I want to hit my $750 minimum goal. 

I post my fundraising link at least once a week, but I am careful not to post it so often that it starts to annoy people. I like to thank people that have donated so that other people can see that their friends or family are supporting me, so maybe they will too. Most of my donations so far have come from this process. In fact, my largest single donation was $100 from a total stranger on Twitter. I love the running community, so much support!

I also sent out an email to some close family and friends letting them know what I'm up to. I received a reply from one of those people with a nice note and a check in the mail the next day. I was humbled by this person's generosity. 

While the direct donations are wonderful and greatly appreciated, I am still quite far from reaching my goal. So, I decided to try and sell some shirts. I had a friend design them for free, and another friend who owns a printing shop offer to print them with the proceeds all going to my fundraising page. AWESOME, right? In theory, yes. In reality, no. Only two shirts were ordered so we cancelled the campaign and refunded the buyer. 

I was bummed, but decided to give it another go via another company.
Right now I have two shirts for sale, if I sell less than 9 of each they will not be printed. Hopefully I can get at least 10 of each by the end of the month.


Click the link under each image to be taken to the website where you can purchase the shirts. The sweatshirt is $35 and the v-neck tee is $20. 
http://www.tfund.com/princessintraining
http://www.tfund.com/princesstraining
I didn't stop there though. I also have a friend who is a Scentsy consultant and she is running a fundraising party for me. Click the link below the image to be taken to the online party and be sure to choose Kerri Hill's RMHC Fundraiser at check out. 20% of your purchase will be donated to my fundraising page for Ronald McDonald House Charities.
https://mariadebruin.scentsy.us/?partyId=257107437
I have an Avon party going on right now too, but it is not online. If you're interested in making a purchase you can reach me on Facebook.com/fromlazytolady and I can place the order for you. 20% of purchases will be donated as well.
                                       
Do you want to hear the best part of my fundraising efforts? Some really great companies have donated products for me to use as raffle prizes! Everyone who donates $15 or more directly to my fundraising page will be entered into drawings to win some awesome prizes. Some of the sponsoring companies are:
























Keep coming back for more information on my fundraising efforts and for updates on new companies added to the sponsor list! 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Comments Make Me Happy! Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with me.