Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Retail Therapy

Come on ladies, you know what it is. The men out there (do men read my blog?) probably do too but just in case you don't know, let me explain.

Retail Therapy is a type of self medication. When life gets tough, some people turn to liquor, drugs, or nicotine. Others turn to shopping. Now, I am not a compulsive shopper. In fact, I hardly ever spend money on myself other than taking vacation once or twice a year and spending money on things for that. I don't wear designer clothes, I only get my hair cut 2 or 3 times a year, and I just started doing my nails on a regular basis. I am a Walmart/Payless type of girl. BUT there is something about a nice new bag that just gets my heart racing.

I'm not the type to get a bag simply b/c who the designer is. I won't spend $500 on a bag even if I love it. Up until today, all of my designer bags have been a gift. 2 Coach bags and a wristlet from hubby last year. A Dooney & Bourke Disney bag bought on clearance at Disney World with a gift card from my boss last September. My newest most prized bag, a Disney White Sketch Dooney & Bourke bag from Walt Disney World that my hubby bought me for our 3rd wedding anniversary.

These bags just spoke to me and I had to have them. I got myself a matching set, because I have been drooling over this pattern since my trip to Disney in March. I almost tackled the Fed Ex guy when he rang my bell!

I have used the large bag every day since they arrived. I use it for work and for pleasure since it perfectly fits my iPad, padfolio, phone, charger, and keys/wallet and the wristlet too. I LOVE it!! 
The best part?  I got all three pieces for the original cost of the wristlet and wallet combined. The large tote bag was essentially free. My shopping high was in full gear that day!


 
 Do you wear designer labels or carry designer bags? What bag is your favorite?

1 comment:

  1. Super cute bags. I see why you almost tackled the FedEx guy!

    ReplyDelete

Comments Make Me Happy! Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with me.