This is the most delicious pie in the history of pie. I didn't even know I liked key lime pie before I tasted this at book club a few months ago. I would actually have dreams about this pie after that, and craved it and whined about it. Finally, I asked Jess to share the recipe with me and Lord Hill made it for Thanksgiving. He's making it again for my birthday this week and I can't wait to eat it!!
So, without further ado...
* 1 (9 inch) prepared graham cracker crust
* 3 cups sweetened condensed milk
* 1/2 cup sour cream
* 3/4 cup key lime juice (Lord Hill juiced fresh limes but I have been told bottled lime juice works too)
* 1 tablespoon grated lime zest
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
2. In a medium bowl, combine condensed milk, sour cream, lime juice, and lime rind. Mix well and pour into graham cracker crust.
3. Bake in preheated oven for 5 to 8 minutes, until tiny pinhole bubbles burst on the surface of pie. DO NOT BROWN! Chill pie thoroughly before serving. Garnish with lime slices and whipped cream if desired.