Sunday, November 28, 2010

Book Review: The Gift by Pete Hamill

This is a short book so I'll try to keep this short as well.
At 153 pages this was a quick easy read for me. It was easy to get sucked in to Peter's world. The descriptions of Brooklyn in December during the Korean war were vivid and realistic. Peter is a character you feel like you know. He's the kind of guy girls would have a crush on and men would want to be friends with. He reminded me a lot of boys I knew when I was younger and I couldn't help but wonder if he was anything like my relatives. There is so much we don't know about our families. Our mothers, our fathers. People we share a mirror with every day yet know very little about.
This heart warming tale is perfect for the holiday season. Grab a cup of tea or cocoa and five yourself an hour or two to enjoy a great Christmas story about a young Navy boy home on Christmas leave.
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.5

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Comments Make Me Happy! Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with me.