Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Thankful: Job, Family, Pets, & Pie

Since I haven't been blogging as often as I was, and I'm not on twitter all day like I used to be, I have gotten a few emails from readers asking me how I'm doing and basically just checking in on me.

That means a lot to me. It's nice to know that I'm missed, especially when the internet is so expansive and there are so many things that could distract you from my absence.

Here's a quick update for you.
The reason I am not blogging or tweeting as much is because as you know, I no longer work from home. My new job is great, but it keeps me busy all day and there is no way I could get away with blogging during business hours. My coworkers are great (hello Diana) and have been really supportive since we got the news about my mom.
This brings me to the next part of my update...
My mom started her chemo treatments a few weeks ago. She is so brave, and it is so hard to watch her go through this. She inspires me every day to just do what I need to do and not to let fear hold me back. I try not to spend a lot of time at home on the computer. While it's a great distraction from the stress/pain/anxiety it's also a waste of time that I could be spending with my family.
(Not that I think this blog, or my readers are a waste of my time. I hope you know what I mean.)

Jazzy is doing well. She enjoyed her first Thanksgiving very much. TOO much, because she just had her 7 month check up and she weighed in at 8lbs 2oz! She's getting so big. She's still about half the size of Petey though. I hope she stays tiny. She wore an adorably ugly sweater on Thanksgiving. I promise to post a photo of her soon.

Well, that's all for now. Stay tuned for some amazing recipes stolen from friends and coworkers that are sure to impress your holiday guests. Can you say "mmmm pie"? After trying my recipes, trust me, you'll be saying it a lot.

1 comment:

  1. Dropping by from the Chickadee Hop..I'd love to have you visit me over at undeservingrace.com

    ReplyDelete

Comments Make Me Happy! Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with me.