Tuesday, February 23, 2010

30 Days continued...(day #18)

Day 18 → Whatever tickles your fancy

Let's talk about friendships. Friendships come and go but I feel that everyone who touches your life serves some sort of purpose. I am who I am today b/c of the people I have met.

There are friendships that touch your life in such a way that even after the friendship fades you hold on to the memory like a treasure. You take the good, you take the bad (you sing the facts of life theme song) and you melt it all together into one big ball of warm fondness and subtle sadness.



There are friendships that start out of nowhere and grow fast and quickly and you just "know" that this person will be in your life forever (or at least a very long time) you are kindred spirits and you don't know how you spent the past few years of your life without them in it.



There are friends you have by default. Maybe b/c they are your college roommate. you're close for a while and then BAM! It's over.



There are the friends that are there for you no matter what. They've got your back and you've got theirs and the years have taken their toll and you've only grown closer.

There are the new friendships. The ones that are unsure, and scary, and so important. You are excited to see them, but nervous at the same time.



There are friends that you may not see for years but care very deeply for. They know you better than almost anyone the same way you know them. They've got your back, and even though you may not see them often you know if you really needed them they'd be there in an instant.



Then there is your best friend. Mine is my husband. I cannot express what this man means to me. He was my friend, my best friend, before he was anything else. I can't imagine my life without him.


Show me your best friend!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Comments Make Me Happy! Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with me.