Saturday, October 16, 2010

Recipe: Bruschetta with Tomato, Basil, and Mozzarella

 Ingredients:

  • 1 large tomato
  • 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
  • 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
  • basil leaves, chopped or dried (I used dried but if I had fresh I would have used it)
  • Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
  •  1 baguette French bread or similar Italian bread
  • olive oil  in a misto sprayer or have a brush to spread it

 Directions:

  • Preheat oven to 400 degrees
  • rinse and dice tomato
  • slice bread and place on baking pan.
  • lightly coat the bread with olive oil spray or with brush
  • bake bread till it is lightly toasted, around 5 minutes or so.
  • in a glass bowl combine tomato, basil, olive oil, and vinegar
  • add salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
  • slice mozzarella  and place slices on the bread right out of the oven
  • spoon tomato and basil topping over the mozzarella
Serve and enjoy! Makes a great appetizer or lunch.

2 comments:

  1. mmm, That sounds pretty freakin' delicious, and also simple to make. I need to start doing a lot more cooking at food - I didn't realize it, but I spent $70 on fast food and take out this past week! SHAME.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum...that looks good! Might have to try that this week.

    ReplyDelete

Comments Make Me Happy! Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with me.