- 1 large tomato
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- basil leaves, chopped or dried (I used dried but if I had fresh I would have used it)
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 baguette French bread or similar Italian bread
- olive oil in a misto sprayer or have a brush to spread it
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- rinse and dice tomato
- slice bread and place on baking pan.
- lightly coat the bread with olive oil spray or with brush
- bake bread till it is lightly toasted, around 5 minutes or so.
- in a glass bowl combine tomato, basil, olive oil, and vinegar
- add salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- slice mozzarella and place slices on the bread right out of the oven
- spoon tomato and basil topping over the mozzarella