(Should I make this a blog hop next week?)This week's Friday 5 is brought to you by the fact that I have been slacking on my chores this week.
Lady Hill's Least Favorite Chores (and ways to defeat them):
- The Dishes. I HATE HATE HATE doing the dishes. It's one of the only things Lord Hill and I ever disagree or argue about. I have this weird thing with my OCD where plates cannot be stacked or touching and inevitably once they end up in the sink they are stacked. Ugh.
In order to defeat this chore I bought myself a cute pair of rubber gloves that actually fit me (I have notoriously tiny hands) and antibacterial dish soap that smells fabulous. I wish I had these gloves, they are super cute!
- Making the Bed This is something I'm just too lazy to do. It also happen's to be the Flylady habit of the month. That's how I realized that it's not that I hate this chore, it's that I'm just to lazy to bother doing it. I can proudly say however that I have made my bed (with all the fancy pillows and everything!) every single day this month. Yay ME! I find it helps to have a bedding set that I really like and an assistant to help.
- The Litter Box does this one really need an explanation? I didn't think so. My solution to defeating this chore is actually quite simple. Lord Hill does it! If we had a ton of money to spend on things we don't need and my kitties weren't neurotic and afraid of everything this cool contraption called the Cat Genie would be my solution. It actually scoops, and washes itself. It's amazing. Hey cat genie people, if you're reading this and you want someone to blog a review about it, I'm the gal for you!
- Returning soda cans and bottles I wouldn't say that I'm too lazy to do this chore, I just can't seem to find the time to do this on a regular basis. In order to help change that I recently set up a new rule in our home. We have a garbage can that is for cans and bottles only. When that bag is full it must be returned within 48 hours. No whining, no complaining, it just has to get done.
- Sweeping I hate sweeping b/c I feel like it always makes a bigger mess. The "stuff" always just gets pushed around and I feel like it just spreads the dirt around and it takes forever. My solution? Stop sweeping! I have 2 great sweeper vacs that I just adore. One I got as a shower gift back in 2008. It's the dirt devil broom vac. I love it. However, I lost the charger for it and now it just sits in my closet. For our anniversary this year my mother gave us the Swivel Sweeper G2 thing that is in the infomercials on tv. I LOVE IT! It's seriously amazing. It picks up everything including stray pieces of kitty litter, dog kibble, and the rest of the random stuff that somehow ends up on my floors. It's easy to clean, easy to use, and is cordless. It even gets under my fridge and around chairs and tables.
What are your least favorite chores and how do you deal with having to do them?