It was okay. It wasn't fabulous. It was definitely edible and good. Lord Hill had seconds which is always a good sign. It's great for a quick meal when you didn't really have anything planned and it's really good for kids. I'm sure my nieces and nephews would love it. So without further ado here is the recipe with some photos.
Lady Hill's Cheater Meat Pies
- 1 Package of Pilsbury Biscuits. (I used Grands but would probably use original in the future)
- 1 lb of ground beef (you can of course substitute this with any kind of ground meat)
- Your favorite BBQ Sauce
- Salt (optional)
- You will also need a cupcake pan and a skillet.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees (or whatever your package of biscuits tells you to do)
- Lightly grease the cupcake pan (I always use my misto sprayer thingy)
- Brown the ground meat in the skillet.
- Press each biscuit into one of cupcake spots. Form a little basket.
- When meat starts to brown add about 2 table spoons of BBQ sauce and mix well
- When meat is completely browned, DRAIN the meat.
- Add a "good amount" of BBQ to the meat and stir. (This will depend on how much you like BBQ sauce and how saucy you want your meat to be in general.)
- Add a dash of salt to taste. (This step is optional)
- Spoon meat into the little biscuit baskets you made earlier. (See first photo)
- Bake for the amount of time on the biscuit package. I found that 15 minutes was perfect.
- Remove from oven, let stand for about 3 minutes. Serve!
What is your quick and easy go to recipe when you haven't planned anything for dinner and your family is "starving" ?