Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Lessons on being a Lady

On my journey to earning the title I already hold of Lady I have taken it upon myself to become a bit more... polished. I've always been a bit of a tomboy and spent most of my time hanging out with the neighbors who were boys rather than learning how to curl my eyelashes and blowout my hair.

Lucky for me one of my friends is a fabulous makeup artist and has been super helpful with this aspect of my journey. On Sunday she hosted the makeup/brunch that I had mentioned in my last entry.
The purpose of this party was to "launch" the fact that she is now selling a makeup line for her clients to use as well as doing their makeup for special occasions like weddings and what not.
I will admit I was a bit hesitant at first because I've never had any luck at these things...Mary Kay, Avon... it was all "old lady" stuff and things I just didn't like but always felt like I had to buy b/c the woman was so nice.
Well, let me tell you, this was totally different. Linda is amazing and super nice, but it defnitely helped that the product was great! It's nice quality and the price is amazing. I got a tinted foundation, a cover up stick, and a hair frizz balm all for under $20 including tax.

The best part was getting to sample and try out the makeup while Linda did a demonstration on me for the rest of the ladies. She was great with answering all of our questions and didn't try to push the product on us at all. She just showed us what it did and let it speak for itself. I was thrilled.
I know most of my readers happen to be women so I'm going to share the
link to her online shop. Linda has no idea that I'm writing about this, and has not asked me to review her products or her services.

I am in no way being compensated for any of this. I just really liked the product and the price. Right now there is a special on her page that you get free shipping on orders over $25 if you use the code MARKFS25

Makeup by Lo's Mark Webpage.

Just for fun here is a photo of me after Linda did my makeup a few months back.  You can't really tell in this photo but I'm wearing my tiara. Photo credit goes to Sara over at Who Bakes Cupcakes.

Did I mention that I got to wear my "skinny jeans" on Sunday? They hadn't fit in almost 3 years. Go me!
Linda is also helping me learn how to dress more like a grown up by giving me her old clothes that I am in love with. With a friend like her to guide the way I'll be a lady in no time!


6 comments:

  1. I'm not too big on the whole makeup scenario.... But congrats on the skinny jeans!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, yay for getting into your skinny jeans! I can't remember the last time I fit in mine!

    Thanks for stopping by my blog =-) I love meeting people I have lots in common with!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a gorgeous picture of you! And I am very happy that your jeans fit you. That's such a great feeling.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Linda does seem super nice and she does awesome work from what I can tell from her photos!

    Congrats on the skinny jeans! Woo hoo! Lookin' good!

    FourthGradeNothing.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. LoL Thanks for all the good vibes about the skinny jeans. It was the highlight of my week.

    Krysten I'm glad I stopped by too. Hopefully we'll have lots to "chat" about. :-) Thanks for stopping by here.

    Sara I had a good photographer. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congtats Kerri!!!

    I would really like to buy some house dresses to wear around the house and do my makeup more.

    You are doing so good on your journey! Just remember you can do anything 15 minutes at a time. :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments Make Me Happy! Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with me.