Tuesday, August 3, 2010

To Do Tuesday 08-3-10

As you may have read in this post I will be out of a job in September. This came as a big surprise and has required some reorganization of my priorities. This week's to do list will be more about keeping my sanity than keeping my apartment clean. Thank you to those of you who have emailed and tweeted and blogged your support. I really appreciate it.

  1. Stay Calm. You still have a job for the next month, unemployment will kick in after that, and everything will be okay.
  2. Have faith and trust that everything will be okay. It might be hard, it might be scary, but in the end it will be okay. Let God take the wheel on this one. Read Footprints often, pray, and be thankful for the things you do have instead of upset about the things you don't.
  3. Rewrite your resume and send it to everyone under the sun. 
  4. Create. Use this negative energy and turn it into something positive. Make jewelry, take photos, open an etsy shop.
  5. Lean on friends and family. They care about you and are here for you.
  6. Try not to take out the frustrations and anger on Lord Hill. Just b/c he works for the same company does not mean he IS the company. We need his paycheck now more than ever. 
  7. Remind yourself that you did nothing wrong. Your boss will write a letter of recommendation, you were not fired due to poor performance. This was a relocation thing more than anything else. You have nothing to be ashamed or embarrassed about. 
  8. Write. blog. Focus on the things you love
  9. Don't forget to throw Tango a birthday party. 
  10. RELAX. 

Have you ever been laid off or lost a job due to no fault of your own? How did you cope? Were you angry? Do you have any tips to help me through this?

3 comments:

  1. A tango party? Is this like a tupperware party? Or like a real tango party.

    This is all good advice. Hopefully I never have to use it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was laid off several years ago. I was angry and hurt and felt let down by my employer. I loved my job and I took it very personally. I felt sorry for myself but leaned on my family and friends for support. I prayed a lot and luckily, I found a new job fairly quickly.
    My advice would be to take it one day at a time and realize that being laid off isn't your fault.
    Use this time to regroup... you never know, something better might be waiting for you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello! I am a new follower. Please subscribe to my blog too..I have 4 current giveaways going on too! Can't wait to read more of your posts!

    http://couponclippingnutritionist.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Comments Make Me Happy! Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with me.