Monday, August 2, 2010

Welcome to the world of Unemployment Lady Hill...

I was just laid off. Fired. Whatever.
I was told that it's not that I'm not good at my job, and that I am the company's #1 choice for the job, but that the current situation just isn't working out and they have found someone to replace me.
My replacement starts in September which gives me another 4 weeks of paychecks. Which is a good thing. It's also horribly uncomfortable.

It looks like you might start seeing more money saving tips, cheap recipes, and other frugal ideas popping up in my writing.

I will try to keep my head up, and my spirits high, and not let it affect the humor that I know many of you appreciate about this blog. Please keep in mind that for the next few weeks/months it will not be all puppies, sunshine and rainbows around here.

5 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry mama! That flat out sucks!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so sorry. I hope that you will be able to find another job soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh no oh no!! That really does suck. I was laid off randomly in April so I know how you feel. :( Are you able to collect unemployment at all? It wasn't a lot but it sure helped me out. <3 <3 Hang in there darlin'!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so sorry. My daughter is having a hard time finding a job right, I hope you have better luck.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ugh no good :( Stay strong though

    ReplyDelete

Comments Make Me Happy! Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with me.