Saturday, May 1, 2010

Friday 5! Embarassing but Cherished Photos

Today's Friday 5 is a little late b/c it's technically Saturday but I haven't gone to bed yet so it's still Friday in my world. I thought I'd do all photos today. These are horrible photos of me that make me smile.

1. This is me and my dad at the Mets game this Weds. I look awful but my dad is smiling which he rarely does in photos. He's one of "those" guys haha. I LOVE this photo. It doesn't hurt at all that the Mets kicked butt at that game. We had scored 4 runs in the 2nd inning alone. Very exciting, very fun. It was the first time I'd been to the new stadium and the first time I'd been to a game with just my dad in forever.


2. This is me and my mom. Again, I don't look that good but she's smiling and I can't even begin to tell you how much that means to me. My mom had just had surgery for cancer and we were wig shopping. Hence us having the same hair style. I actually really like that style on me and almost bought the wig for myself.


3. This is me and my youngest niece on my birthday in 2008 I think. (side note, I'm currently wearing the same shirt that I'm wearing in this photo.) I just LOVE that we're both making similar faces. Apparently I'm incapable of taking a decent photo where I don't look awful. Oh well.

4. This is Lord Hill and I on the Nemo ride at Disney World. Please note the Mickey ears, pin lanyard, and velcro frog. I am super cool. Also, Lord Hill is wearing a "First Visit" button and while you can't see mine I am wearing an "Honorary Citizen" button because I have been to Disney World enough times to earn it. I'm a big of a Disney Junkie.

5. This was my bachelorette  party. I had it at the Awesome 80's Prom in NYC. For the record I do not know anyone in this photo other than myself. I have no idea where I got the bunny ears from or why this photo was taken. I'm a hot mess but don't I look like I was having a good time.


Do you have any photos like these? You know, the ones that you wouldn't normally show anyone (let alone the entire internet) but you can't bear to part with them because they just make you smile whenever you look at them? You don't have to show me the picture, but I'd love to hear the story behind it.








12 comments:

  1. Visiting and following from Friday Follow. So glad you joined us! Your pics look so fun. I bet you are fun to be with. Wishing you the best weekend evah!

    ~ Lynn
    http://www.middayescapades.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lynn thanks so much for stopping by and following. I've been told I'm fun, that's what happens when you have no shame lol Life is too short not to be silly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for checking out my blog for SITS Saturday! I'm now following you as well :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the bachelorette party picture. I'm sure fun memories come back to you when you see that one!

    I'm a huge picture person. Can never have too many pictures.

    I'm actually having a photo related giveaway on my blog. Swing by and enter . . . maybe you can turn one of these photos into a canvas.

    Stopping by from SITS.

    ~Jen @ ourfinehouse

    ReplyDelete
  5. What fun pics! I'd love to hang out with you sometime, I'll be you're a blast. Hope you're having a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Michelle, thanks for stopping by!

    Jen and Joe, I feel the same way. I take photos of everything and I rarely delete or get rid of any of them. I'll definitely check out your giveaway. Thanks for stopping by. :-)

    Krysten, if you're ever in my area let me know and we'll have a blast! Hope your weekend is going well. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the photos of you with your mom and dad. And i love you with that wig on! You should think about cutting your hair like that. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Did you just mention that they have a Nemo ride at Disney World? My son has watched that movie over a hundred time.... His bathroom is decorated in Nemo decor.... He will die when he hears about this ride....

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awww, looks like good times. I miss my bach. party days. So much fun!

    FourthGradeNothing.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I had to laugh about your Dad not normally smiling...

    My Dad is now deceased but can still bring us a laugh- every time we look at his pictures.

    He was always sticking out his tongue!

    Following from Mom Bloggers Club.

    ReplyDelete
  11. A MET fan...what more can I say.....Hooray!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm pretty sure that photo happened like this:

    "OMG they have bunny ears! I want bunny ears! I'm getting married, can I have bunny ears too?"

    We need more drunken escapades...I miss you!

    ReplyDelete

Comments Make Me Happy! Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with me.