Monday, May 10, 2010

Monkey Monday

I was trying to figure out what to do with my 100th post. (this post) I wanted it to be special, to mean something. I had no idea what to do with it.
So, I am dedicating it to a precious little girl who is fighting for her life.
Please click on the button and go offer Michelle some prayers and support for her little Monkey girl. 



Photobucket


The Daily Dose of Reality also dedicated this Monday's blog to Monkey. He renamed his Monday Minute the Monkey Minute.
Here are my answers. Please participate and answer the last question as honestly as possible so that Michelle can read some stories of hope.


1 - How old do you act?
I think it really depends on the situation. I think I'm sort of stuck at 19 at times. I always felt like an old soul trapped in a young body when I was growing up. I had  a lot to deal with and work through and I think I grew up pretty fast...but b/c of that I think there are times now when I act younger than I am to try and get back some of the youth I feel like I lost.

2 - As far back as you can remember, what did you want to be when you grew up?
My 5th grade year book says I wanted to be the first female president.

3 - If you were to write a book based on your life, what would the title be?
 Apathetic to Enthusiastic Juliet (it's already in the works)

4 - What's something that you do that's considered "childish" by most?
I collect things. I collect penguins, and webkinz and disney pins and I love cartoons and stuffed animals. I also make silly faces and love a good prank.

5 - The last question isn't a question.  Write a story of a time of when you or someone you know overcame great adversity.
My mother. My mother has battled lung cancer, major heart attack, diabetes, skin cancer (numerous times) and is battling melonoma as I type this. She goes for radiation every day at 8 am and is finally on her 1 week break between treatments. Yesterday was mother's day and while I know she would have loved to stay in bed where she was comfortable she was at the table, dressed nicely with a smile on her face playing with her grandchildren.

9 comments:

  1. Poor Monkey :( Thanks for doing this Lady Hill!

    FourthGradeNothing.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Penguins? How cute!
    So I should expect to see you running for President in the future? =P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on your 100th post!

    Sending positive thoughts for your mother :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Congrats on the 100th post! I actually have mine coming up in 2 weeks! Rock on! And I distinctly remember a certain point in my life when I wanted to be a candle when I grew up. Yea... a candle.
    Dumb kid I was.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on 100 posts. I love your answers. Thanks for stopping by. I am following you back.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awwww....Lady Hill. What a sweet Mom you have. Despite her pain, she wanted to be with you all.

    I am praying for the sweet little Monkey!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Following you back. You are right never too late. Have a great day.
    http://littleyayasandblessed.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. It says all kinds of beautiful things about you that you shared your own 100th post with such a special little girl.

    Congratulations on #100!

    And your mother sounds like a brave and wonderful person.

    ReplyDelete

Comments Make Me Happy! Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with me.