Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Lady Hill's Cheater Chicken Pot Pie

This Recipe makes 8 mini pot pies. I'd say 2 pot pies makes an okay serving my husband will eat 4 in a sitting (probably more if I let him) 

Ingredients:
  • 1 can cream of chicken soup



  • 2 or 3 boneless chicken breasts



  • 1 package of Pillsbury Grands Buttermilk Biscuits

  • Your choice of vegetable. (I used corn)

Steps:
  1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees (or whatever your package of biscuits tells you to do)
  2. Lightly grease the cupcake pan (I always use my misto sprayer thingy)
  3. Press each biscuit into one of cupcake spots. Form a little basket.
  4. Bake chicken breasts at 350 degrees until fully cooked
  5. Combine soup and your choice of vegetable (I used corn) in a pot and bring to a boil.
  6. Cut cooked chicken into bite sized pieces.
  7. Spoon soup/veggie mix and a few pieces of chicken into each biscuit basket.
  8. Bake for the time on the biscuit package. I find that 12-15 minutes is perfect. 



    It's not the prettiest dinner, but it is a YUMMY dinner. It is however, high in sodium due to the soup and I don't suggest eating this as a staple part of your diet/menu.

10 comments:

  1. Lady, you post these fattening recipes, yet continue to lose weight. HOW?! You need to tell me your secret. Oh wait, I know what it is, you're like 10+ years younger than me. Damn you!

    FourthGradeNothing.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this idea! Why have I never thought if this? LOL! Thank you for posting a great recipe.Following you via TTA. Stop by my blog when you get a chance.Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This makes me hungry.

    You need to make a vegetarian one with tofu lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. that looks really delish! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. They're so cute and tiny!

    My 4-year old son was shoving handfuls of corn at his cousin the other day saying 'Try the corn, cousin! It's delicious!' He's such a good eater!

    I don't mean to get too personal.... But are m'lord and m'lady planning having any m'little ones? lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't wait to try those pies! They look easy but yummy!

    I am following from Tag-Along Tuesday! Please come visit me @
    www.happyfamilyhappykids.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks really yummy! What a great idea. This is one I will for sure be trying!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for stopping by. It's quite yummy and super easy. Let me know if you make them!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Trying this as we speak! Here's hoping that it turns out right!

    ReplyDelete

Comments Make Me Happy! Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with me.