Sunday, January 24, 2010

30 Days continued...(day #4)

Day 04 → Your favorite book
oooooo.this is a good one. The first two are the books I immediately mention whenever anyone asks for a book suggestion. I am a huge reader, I read anything and everything from The Complete Works of Edgar Allen Poe to the back of shampoo bottles and cereal boxes. I adore the written word. The third book pictured is the first in a series of books by an author I recently got into sometime in the past 4 years or so. I eagerly await each new book in the series and that really means something. Just because I read everything, doesn't mean I like everything I read. You know what I mean? So, without further ado here are my 2 favorite books and one of my more recently added faves.

Good Omens by Neil Gaiman and Terry Pratchett
A friend was reading this at school one day and I thought to myself "hey now, he doesn't really seem like the reading type, I wonder what he's go there." I asked and he said he'd already read it and that I could borrow it. I couldn't put it down. It's amazing. The book and the memories. Everyone should read this book. I seriously think it should be required reading for the entire population as should the next book down.


American Gods by Neil Gaiman
This book is amazing. My copy is beaten up and torn and water damaged and has been to more countries than I have. I think it's actually a copy I got from a friend who suggested I read it after he had loaned me Good Omens. These books are by far my favorite mostly b/c they are a great read but I'm sure a little part of it is b/c of the memories I associate with them. Those were good times.


The Odd Thomas Series by Dean Koontz:
Everyone is always talking about Koontz. I'm not a big mystery person, I don't dig detective or cop stories but I was told I couldn't call myself a reader if I didn't pick up one of his books. One day at Costco I came across a book (NOT THIS ONE) by him called Forever Odd. Not realizing it was part of a series and not the first book in it either I spent $4 on the hardcover and devoured it in the course of a weekend. I immediately saught out the first book in the series and then the next and then had to wait for what seemed like an agazonigly love 8 million years for the next book to come out. There is supposed to be another one coming out but I'm not sure when and I can't wait to get my hands on it.


If we want to talk about an amazing book that I will love forever and ever well then I have 3 more to talk about.

The Tale of Peter Rabbit
by Beatrix Potter
This was my favorite book when I was little. I still read it whenever I see it in the bookstore.

The Little House by Virginia Lee Burton
I took this book out of my school library almost every single time we had Library when I was little. I loved this little book.



The Very Hungry Caterpillar by Eric Carle
Dude... if you need me to tell you why this book is awesome, I'm not sure I want you reading it.
The caterpillar eats it's way through the book. It's amazing. It's colorful, it helps kids learn how to count, and it's about a caterpillar. I HATE caterpillars now, they scare me and freak me out but this little guy is like a childhood friend.


What was your favorite book growing up?
What do you think I should read next?


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Comments Make Me Happy! Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with me.