Monday, January 25, 2010

30 Days continued...(day #5)

Day 05 → Your favorite quote
I have three that I regularly use as my favorites and I try to use them as my words to live by as well. I think they all go rather well together.

"I took the road less traveled by and that has made all the difference."

- my family is a sports family. My brothers, my mother, all played sports at a level that some people only dream of. I, on the other hand am an artist, a writer, a creator. I tried softball and tennis I tried volleyball, I tried. I did cheerleading even making captain hoping that would count, it didn't and quite frankly I only did it b/c of the dancing and performance aspect. Oh well. I took a different road, carved out my own path when need be and have been doing just fine. Unlike my brothers and my mom and dad I was not the popular kid in school, I have no trophies to show off, no championship stories to tell, but I'm me and that's good enough in my book.

"
Not all those who wander are lost."
- I'm still trying to figure out where I belong and what I want to be when I grow up but I know who I am and I know where I am and I'm enjoying the journey and don't feel lost at all. I'm carving my own path when I need to and I'm not worried about getting lost in the "wood".

"To thine own self, be true."
- A lot of girls wanted to be like Barbie when they were little. I wanted to be like Gem. I have had pink hair, blue hair, rainbow hair, been a cheerleader, worn fishnets, wore doc martens with my wedding gown, and I did it all b/c it felt right for me. Not b/c someone else wanted me to, or didn't want me to. Not because it was cool, or popular. I can't always say I'm perfect, but I can always say I'm me.

What's your motto?


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Comments Make Me Happy! Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with me.