Monday, June 7, 2010

Menu Monday

Part of my master plan for getting more organized and being a better grownup and what not is to stop eating so much crap. Hubby and I eat a lot of takeout, fast food, and restaurant meals. This is not only messing up our waistlines but also our wallets! I have been trying (unsuccesfully) to have a menu every week of what we will be eating for dinner. Not only does this help save us money but it also saves precious time since we don't spend half the day asking eachother different variations of "What's for dinner?" and we don't have to spend time hemming and hawing over what we'll order and from where we'll order it.

In order to get myself back on track I decided to make a commitment to you my readers to ensure that I post a menu every week. This will be a good start and hopefully we'll actually stick to the menus I plan, although if we don't for the first few weeks, at least we'll have tried by having one right? So, without further ado... here is the first weekly edition of....
CLICK ON MENU FOR LARGER VERSION
You will notice that there are still some take out days on the menu. I am being realistic. Sunday is blank because my niece and nephew will be at my parents' house this weekend and I am hoping to get over there and visit with everyone and maybe even score a free meal stay for dinner.

3 comments:

  1. This is a great idea! Good for you. We were eating out so much back while I was employed. We blew through so much cash and I gained 30 lbs (since the wedding). Since my layoff, we went into a financial panic and began cooking much more (we were even doing breakfast out Sat and Sun) I've lost 44 and am steadily contributing more to my debt while earning 20% less. Crazy, right? It's hard to get used to cooking more. We run out of ideas, esp. because I'm not allowed to eat pastas, rices or high carb items.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea! We plan ahead weekly when we go to the grocery store and it is a BIG help!! (Tonight is porkchop night!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi!

    I don't think I have ever commented on your blog but I am a faithful reader! That is something like I do as well in my household. But we rotate 6 weeks worth of meals and it is all gathered in a duotang in our kitchen. I have been passing my notes off too my friends so they can alter it and have their own master plan so if you would like to see if e-mail me at linds_414@hotmail.com and I would be happy to pass it on! :-)

    Take care!
    xo

    ReplyDelete

Comments Make Me Happy! Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with me.