Monday, June 28, 2010

Monday Minute - 06-28-10

Monday Minute

Has anyone you've known personally lived to at least 100?
My grandmother lived to her 90's... I am trying really hard to remember if my great aunt was 100 or just close to it... I'm pretty sure she was 100. I could be totally wrong.

What material possession do you value the most?
Hmmm... this is really tough. I am a "stuff" kind of person. I find emotional reasons to hold on to everything. I'm probably a boarderline hoarder to be honest with you. I would say something that has a lot of value to me is a ring that my mother gave me. It was her sister's and when her sister passed away when I was in 2nd grade it became my mother's. She never used to take it off. After she got sick it didn't fit anymore and she gave it to me one night. She told me I wasn't allowed to argue with her, I just had to take it. It meant a LOT to me that she gave it to me b/c I was rarely allowed to even hold it before that.
One of the reasons it is so special is because it was my mom's, before that it was my aunt's, and before that it was separate pieces of my Nanny's jewelry. (Nanny was my mom's mom) She gave the gold and the diamond to my aunt and my aunt designed the ring and had the jewelery melted down to make it. It served as an engagement ring even though she was already married. I am the 4th woman in my family to wear that gold.
I think the ring might be magical, b/c it's like the Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants. The ring has never been resized yet it fit my aunt, my mother and me. My mom wears a size 9 ring I think, and I wear a size 6 in the summer. Yet, it fits perfect and never falls off, not even in the winter when my size 5 wedding ring falls off.

What do you think happens to us after we die?
I keep trying to write my response but I can't. Maybe this will get a post of it's own in the future...


Most embarrassing item in your house?
hmmm I don't really own anything embarrassing... some might say my Vanilla Ice stash that consists of a water bottle he drank out of, a towel he wiped himself down with, and drumsticks he played with, but I almost wrote about those things for the most valuable item question!


and finally...


If you could rename yourself, what would your name be?
Mrs. Johnny Depp (just don't tell Lord Hill!)

3 comments:

  1. I LOVE the last one! That is awesome! LOL

    That is so sweet about your ring. I love stories like this. I am sentimental too so those things mean so much to me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Johnny Depp should be cloned! He is pretty awesome!

    I lived with a sister who thought Vanilla Ice hung the moon.

    Thanks for stopping by my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hehehehe Mrs. Johnny Depp has got to be the best response yet to this question!! =)

    I get what you mean about being attached to everythin...I am the same and it drives my hubby nuts!

    ReplyDelete

Comments Make Me Happy! Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with me.